A Record of Service to the San Fernando Valley
As your representative in the California Assembly, I am grateful every day to fight for the issues that matter to the San Fernando Valley. As a fourth generation Valley resident, I am committed to improving our economy and bringing greater opportunity to our community.
I was raised in the Valley by my single mother who taught me everyday about the importance of giving back to our community. I commuted to UCLA from my home in the Valley and worked nights and weekends at City Walk to help pay my tuition.
For eight years, I fought to make government work for Valley residents by serving as Chief of Staff to Congressman Brad Sherman. In this position I helped thousands of Valley residents and businesses solve problems with the federal agencies. I also had the opportunity to be involved with my community as an active volunteer, serving on the board of several local non-profit organizations, including the Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission, the Valley Cultural Center, Phoenix House Juvenile Drug Rehabilitation Academy and the House of Hope.
Today, I am honored to serve the West San Fernando Valley as the Assembly Member representing the 45th District. In Sacramento, I have worked to improve the business climate, create jobs, restore the state's primary and higher education systems, protect our environment and improve access and affordability of health care.
- As Chairman of the Assembly’s Committee on Banking and Finance, I have passed legislation to protect consumers and increase access to financial services.
- I have passed legislation to protect our animals.
- I have authored legislation to ensure dignity for our seniors.
- I have worked with my colleagues to pass legislation to combat climate change and protect our waterways.
- I have supported efforts to improve funding to our K-12 and UC and CSU systems.
- I have voted to protect a woman’s right to choose and supported legislation to prevent gender discrimination in the workplace.
I have made it a priority to remain accessible to my constituents holding frequent town halls. I look forward to working with you, as we fight to improve the Valley and California